Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturdays

I, Sarah, am preaching my first proper sermon tomorrow at my Mission Placement Corps. This is being assessed by a retired Commissioner who is to observe, take notes, and meet with me later in the week to tell me how he thought it all went.

As with other things we have led and been assessed for, it is a strange situation to be leading others into worship/teaching while being concious that someone is observing you critically and taking notes. Now I'm not worried about preaching herecy or offending too many people, as the drafts of this message have been read and monitored by college staff, but still, the mere fact that someone is watching with a cliboard and pen handy just adds to the pressure!!!

What I do love though, is that the people in the corps seem to genuinely care, support and engourage us. The same can be said for the college staff. But ultimately, they are not the one whose approval we want, for that we must look heavenward. All I want to do is be used - be used as a messanger/example of God's love and word to people. And if I am not nervous about doing that, then I shouldn't be doing it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment