Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Goals

Setting goals can be difficult. We are supposed to set goals for the year which arise from our personal evaluations and consulations with the Training Principals.

These must be practical and acheivable - not things like 'I want to be a better preacher' as how can you really assess the success of this? Better means what? Better than what? How much better do I need to be before I am satisified? Ultimately you can never acheive this and may feel dejected at never reaching your goals...

So start small, things like, I aim to spend more time reading in the next few months with the set goal of reading two books (outside of the required.) I could aim to relax more and have more fun, being assessed by stress levels and programmed activities for stress relief. Maybe I could aim to open up more to others, and can assess this by my relationships with key people over time and how they grow.

Think out of the box. Maybe aim to get outside more so set a running/walking distance and time goal/challenge to achieve. How great would it feel to achieve these goals! It would make you set more, achieve more and grow more...

So think practical, aim high but acheiveable - I could never be the General by the end of the year! (or could I?!?!?!?... watch out Clifton...)

No comments:

Post a Comment